Release Name: Templer-Myths_And_Consequences-CD-FLAC-2021-FWYH
Album: Myths and Consequences
Size: 504.26 MB
HANDS proudly welcomes Templer, the solo project by Thomas Chalandon of Imperial Black Unit, with a very special album release. “Myths And Consequences” is a 14-track masterpiece, a one-of-a-kind album, inspired by industrial, techno and rhythm’n’noise, and yet truly genre-defying. Full value is provided by nine massive tracks and five ingenious remixes by Esplendor Geomtrico, Test Dept, Orphx, Geistform and Harsh Mentor.
Berlin-based Frenchman Chalandon is a known face in the industrial techno underground, being one half of the EBM-heavy Imperial Black Unit as well as the founder of the AreaZ label. As Templer, he has a couple of EPs under his belt (one with now HANDS label mate Monya), a handful of remixes and a string of remarkable DJ sets.
Given the range of influences that figure in the Templer sound, the dominant feature is an almost classic slow and grinding industrial sludge that sways between driving dance floor rhythms and the ominous abyss. The nine original tracks on “Myths and Consequences” deal with sinister subject matters like isolation and dystopian repression and the overall mood is a permeating atmosphere of anxiousness that sucks you in. There is a juxtaposition of flickering, layered sounds with simple, addictive hook lines, so while this is highly suited to be listened to as a story-telling album, each track also stands strongly for itself. On two tracks, Templer has also enlisted collaborators: aufnahme+wiedergabe artist Lapse Of Reason contributes a highly treated rant to the title track, and Incendie (also Chalandon’s partner in the improvisational project A.T.T. Corp) features on the guitar-heavy “A True Terror Corporation” — a track that instantly takes you back to the heydays of industrial music. So, as the icing on the cake, it is this tune that gets remixed by no less than five undisputed heavyweight champions who add their distinct stamp: The repetitive primitivism of Esplendor Geomtrico, the grandeur of Test Dept, the rhythmic ingenuity of Orphx, the hypnotic resonance of Geistform and the melodic, tribal finale by Harsh Mentor.
“Myths and Consequences” is a tribute to the old school industrial sound without being old school at all: A highly diverse and innovative piece of art.
released June 4, 2021
- Templer – Road To Jounieh – 4:01 (892 kbps , 25.63 MB)
- Templer – Let The Soul Chase The Sorrows – 5:57 (971 kbps , 41.36 MB)
- Templer – A True Terror Corporation (Feat. Incendie) – 5:14 (915 kbps , 34.28 MB)
- Templer – Le Crime Par La Pensée – 6:43 (928 kbps , 44.53 MB)
- Templer – Under Pressure – 8:52 (907 kbps , 57.47 MB)
- Templer – Camera Silens – 5:07 (869 kbps , 31.77 MB)
- Templer – Myths And Consequences (Feat. Lapse Of Reason) – 4:08 (917 kbps , 27.08 MB)
- Templer – I Shared A Whiskey With A Ghost – 7:01 (914 kbps , 45.91 MB)
- Templer – The Inner Flame – 4:12 (850 kbps , 25.48 MB)
- Templer – A True Terror Corporation (Feat. Incendie – Esplendor Geométrico Remix) – 4:27 (1020 kbps , 32.45 MB)
- Templer – A True Terror Corporation (Feat. Incendie – Test Dept TTC-ITT Mix) – 3:37 (935 kbps , 24.21 MB)
- Templer – A True Terror Corporation (Feat. Incendie – Orphx Remix) – 6:32 (933 kbps , 43.62 MB)
- Templer – A True Terror Corporation (Feat. Incendie – Geistform Remix) – 5:12 (977 kbps , 36.3 MB)
- Templer – A True Terror Corporation (Feat. Incendie – Harsh Mentor Remix) – 5:16 (908 kbps , 34.16 MB)
Download Links :