Carmelo Andriani & Pierluigi Camicia – Vieuxtemps: Music For Violin and Piano (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:15:06 minutes | 1,25 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Brilliant Classics
Henry François Joseph Vieuxtemps was aged 4 when he started the violin with his father, a violin-maker and amateur violinist. He gave his first public performance at the age of 6 and his talent attracted the attention of Charles Auguste de Bériot, who brought him to Paris, where in 1829 he made his début. Robert Schumann compared him to Paganini. The famous Italian virtuoso was strongly impressed by the violinist’s performance in London in 1834. In turn, Paganini’s supernatural technique would remain a strong influence and inspiration for Vieuxtemps. Meanwhile he became an idol in Russia where he spent five years from 1846 till 1851. He was Musician at the court of Tzar Nicholas I, Violin teacher and soloist at the Imperial Theatre, and founder of the School of Violin at St. Petersburg Conservatory, contributing to the founding of a “Russian Violin School”. Back in his native Belgium he dedicated his life to teaching at the Brussels Conservatory, where he counted Eugène Ysaÿe among his pupils.
This new recording contains the substantial (over 40 minutes!) Violin Sonata Op.12, as well as Morceaux de Salon and Romances Sans Paroles.
Italian violinists Carmelo Andriani already successfully recorded for Brilliant Classics works by Michele Esposito. Pianist Pierluigi Camicia is a highly respected soloist and chamber music player, who collaborated with Ruggiero Ricci, Félix Ayo and the Quartetto di Cremona.
01. Violin Sonata in D Major, Op. 12: I. Allegro assai
02. Violin Sonata in D Major, Op. 12: II. Scherzo. Allegro vivace-trio
03. Violin Sonata in D Major, Op. 12: III. Largo non troppo
04. Violin Sonata in D Major, Op. 12: IV. Rondo. Allegro gioioso
05. 3 Romances sans paroles, Op. 7: I. Chant d’amour
06. 3 Romances sans paroles, Op. 7: II. Désespoir
07. 3 Romances sans paroles, Op. 7: III. Souvenir
08. 6 Morceaux de salon, Op. 22: III. Rêverie
09. 3 Feuilles d’album, Op. 40: I. Romance
10. 3 Feuilles d’album, Op. 40: II. Regrets
11. 6 Morceaux de salon, Op. 22: V. Tarantelle