Arve Henriksen & Terje Isungset – The Art of Travel (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 56:37 minutes | 515 MB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © All Ice Records
What is the art of travel? As we all know there are many ways of traveling, both physically and mentally. Daydreaming is a way of traveling, where our flowing state of mind flies in and out of timezones without showing a passport. Or actually in real time going somewhere by train, crossing new territory, discovering the beauty of nature and meeting people, making new friends and making connections across borders.
In our careers as musicians we have been privileged to travel around the world. Sometimes we spend hours traveling long distances to be able to perform the music that makes us travel in and out of time.
This album was made during the demanding corona lock down period in 2020 when traveling suddenly became a lot more difficult. Arve lives in Mölnlycke, Sweden and Terje in Bergen, Norway. Crossing the border between the Nordic countries became more complicated, so we decided to exchange musical ideas via the net. Sound files traveling back and forth in and out of our computers on their way to gradually becoming one of the twelve compositions on this album. This final collection on the record includes music, old and new sounds and field recordings from various locations around the world. Spliced and mixed together with new compositions brought to life in our domestic studios.
1. A voyage to the New World (05:56)
2. Spiritual journey (04:40)
3. Dream – Explore – Discover (07:10)
4. The Pilgrim´s way (04:22)
5. Lost passport (01:22)
6. Traveller’s tales (05:10)
7. The old road challenge (05:37)
8. Meet the locals at Hajijio Island (06:55)
9. Miles to go – Days away (03:13)
10. A time travel in Underland (01:40)
11. The Daydreamer without luggage (04:00)
12. To arrive at the final destination (06:37)