Floy Krouchi – Vibrant Continuum (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 58:14 minutes | 569 MB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Off
Floy Krouchi is a sound artist, bass player and electroacoustic composer.
She cofounded Mafucage, a collective ensemble of experimental women musicians in the 90s in Paris.
She leads her project, “Bass Holograms” under several forms. Solo or collaboratively, forming the “Bass Holograms ensemble” as in New York with Chess Smith, Mark Bingham or Emilie Lesbros, as well as in New Orleans or in duo with drummer Benjamin Sanz.
She is also pursuing a work on radio art through sound pieces at the cross-roads of essay, fiction, documentary and sound poetry that won several international awards (Luc Ferrari Prize in 2010, Prix Italia in 2011, Phonurgia Nova in 2013).
Physical, plastic, instrumental, abstract, radiophonic. She uses the vibratory and invisible qualities of this medium as a metaphore of unrevealed aspects of reality, questioning perceptions and creating disruptions in space and time.
In her pieces, sound and silence are often forming an anthropological dispositive to collect, investigate and reorganise fragments of reality and identitites through orality. Listening is considered as a practice of resistance -to imposed productivity of time, visual saturation, short span of attention-
Lately, she is investigating the relation between technology, magic, and the technics of the avantgarde (such as cut ups and surrealisme).`
1. Floy Krouchi – Electric Circles
2. Floy Krouchi – Spiral of Time
3. Floy Krouchi – Being Being in a Continuum
4. Floy Krouchi – A Believer and a Storm
5. Floy Krouchi – Dragon’s Breath
6. Floy Krouchi – At Arrival
7. Floy Krouchi – Another Door
8. Floy Krouchi – Transfigured
9. Floy Krouchi – 100 Photons and a Void
10. Floy Krouchi – There Is No Separation
11. Floy Krouchi – Noise Elevation