Elena Antongirolami – Rossiniana – Themes, Variations & Fantasias (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/48 kHz | Time – 01:03:08 minutes | 591 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Dynamic
This debut album of duo Antongirolami-Galosi features a collection of works for cello and piano both by and about Rossini. It’s a homage to the maestro’s great legacy (Rossini was also a skilled cellist), with both performers and composer hailing from the same native region. The programme on this release includes themes, variations and fantasias on music composed by Rossini himself, including some less well known chamber pieces, as well as music composed in the Rossinian style by 19th- and 20th-century composers.
Antongirolami and Galosi have played as a duo since 2013 and perform at various festivals in Italy.
1. Elena Antongirolami – No. 12, Allegro agitato in A Minor (Reconstr. G.J. Joerg for Cello & Piano)
2. Elena Antongirolami – Feuillet d’album de Rossini, Op. 138b (Version for Cello & Piano)
3. Elena Antongirolami – Largo al factotum (Arr. M. Castelnuovo-Tedesco for Cello & Piano)
4. Elena Antongirolami – Reminiscences des opéras de Rossini et de Bellini, Op. 74 (Reconstr. L. Lugli for Cello & Piano)
5. Elena Antongirolami – Variations on a Theme of Rossini, H. 290
6. Elena Antongirolami – Hommage à Rossini (Arr. J.C. Keck for Cello & Piano)
7. Elena Antongirolami – No. 10, Une larme