Egil Kapstad – Live at Molde Jazz (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 57:11 minutes | 526 MB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Ponca Jazz Records
At last – a solo-piano-release with Egil Kapstad, three years after he past away. The great norwegian jazzpianist Egil Kapstad has left us an overwhelming collection of music, both as jazz pianist, composer and arranger, within both jazz and contemporary music.
In 1997 Kapstad did a solo-concert at Molde International Jazz Festival, a concert which has become an outstanding document withing modern jazz. He is drawing lines from classical compositions over to original jazz compositions, and he is also talking about what he’s playing.
This album is a unique documentation of Egil kapstad’s wonderful, musical universe.
01. Egil Kapstad – The Peacocks (Live)
02. Egil Kapstad – Concerto for Orchestra / Remembering The Rain / In a Sentimental Mood (Live)
03. Egil Kapstad – Egils blues / Basin Street Blues / Things Ain’t What They Used To Be (Live)
04. Egil Kapstad – Reinblom / Epilog / Epilogue (Live)
05. Egil Kapstad – Preludium / Blue in Green (Live)
06. Egil Kapstad – It Might As Well Be Spring (Live)
07. Egil Kapstad – Round Midnight (Live)
08. Egil Kapstad – Close Enough For Love (Live)